I hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend! Friday night my husband surprised me with dinner out at a great steak place near us. It was SO good!!! Saturday was errands with the hubby, but we snuck in a nap too. Those are my favorite kind of days 🙂 Yesterday he worked, and I didn’t do much at all, just vegged recovering from the cold that I picked up.
I did complete a card for you all though! Last time I posted, I mentioned CAS cards (Clean and Simple). It is a struggle for me to make them, I always want to add more lol
Coco Chanel was quoted as saying “When you leave the house look in the mirror, and take one thing off.” Meaning, don’t overdress yourself, wear too much jewelry, accessories (scarf, hat, etc). I think that the same applies to cards! At least for me lol It is so easy to over dress a card. So I try to step back before adhering my embellishments, and remove at least one thing. That helps my cards from looking too busy.
On that note though, it is sooo hard for me to do something simple, with little embellishment. That is where the sequins came into play below 😉
But without those sequins, I think that the card would have been too plain. Do you agree?
I made this for a wonderful friend of mine, who should be seeing it in her mailbox any day now!
It didn’t take long to create either! (Ingredients for the card are listed at the end of the post)
- Basic Black cardstock, trimmed and scored to form an A2 card
- Shimmery White cardstock trimmer to 3.75″x 4.75″
- Stamp the layered circle image using Basic Black ink (from the Memories in the Making Project Life stamp set)
- Die cut the solid butterfly image from the Butterflies thinlits dies using Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper
- Die cut the detail butterfly from the Bold Butterflies Framelits dies using Pink Pirouette ink
- TIP: Using a ink dauber, tap on Blushing Bride ink onto the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, as well as onto a strip of White Metallic Glitter Tape (FREE with a $50 order!). I did it very lightly, just to give a hint of pink. Fun thing is that you can change the glimmer paper and metallic tape to any color you choose, as light or as dark as you would like, just by adding a bit of ink. Make sure you tap the color on, don’t rub! Otherwise bits of your sponge will make its way onto your paper or tape.
- Adhere the solid butterfly onto your card, then the detailed butterfly over it. I used glue dots down the center of the butterfly, so that the wings could be bent out giving some dimension.
- Adhere the metallic tape on the bottom third section of your panel.
- Stamp the sentiment (this one from Six Sided Sampler stamp set).
- Adhere the white panel onto the black.
- Add a few sequins. These are from the Feb ’16 Paper Pumpkin
- Add a bit of Dazzling Details to the butterflies body and wings for some extra sparkle and dimension. Do this last so you can set it aside to dry.
- Sit back and admire 🙂
We will be out of town starting Wed morning, we are heading to St. Louis for a Halloween Trade Show. SO excited! My hubby and I (and my mom!) are big Halloween fans. This is a trade show for those in the industry to see the newest and most exciting items coming out for the year. Think of it as the CHA of the Halloween world! In addition, we will be heading to the Shaved Duck, one of our favorite restaurants ever and the City Museum. The City Museum is amazing. Great for kids and adults. It is the oddest, most random museum ever, but that makes it the most fun 🙂
On that note though, the blog won’t be quiet. I will be working tonight to have some things auto publish for you 🙂
Have a wonderful day!!!