Happy April 1st!
Sorry, no tricks here for April Fools day!
But I did want to share a fun card that I made last night. I belong to a fantastic group on Facebook. Over 7 thousand members, it isn’t entirely Stampin’ Up related, but I would say at least 50% of the things shared are all Stampin’ Up, there are a TON of demonstrators in the group too. I have made some great friends, and have gotten some wonderful ideas from the ladies and gentleman in the group.
Well, we have a monthly birthday club. The woman that runs the club figures out who has a birthday that month, then assigns the other members names to send to. In December when it was my birthday month, I received over 100 birthday cards between that group and another I am on. Talk about making a girl feel special!!!!!
Well last night I received the name of the woman that I am sending to, to make her feel special for her birthday. 10 minutes later I had an idea and was in my craft room making her card.
Nothing complicated, but fun!!!!
Ingredients listed at the end of the post
- Swipe Whisper White cardstock with an Embossing Buddy, to prevent the embossing powder used in the next few steps from sticking where you don’t want it.
- Stamp sentiment your cardstock (From the Party With Cake set), inking up first with Versamark, then with Memento Tuxedo Black. This will allow the Memento ink to be heat embossed!
- Sprinkle Back embossing powder over the image and heat (just until the embossing powder turns glossy!)
- Trim cardstock so there is about 1/4″ around the sentiment.
- Color in the open block words, using either Crushed Curry marker, or a blending pen and the Crushed Curry ink pad. (I used the marker in this image)
- There is where I admit that I didn’t measure. SIGH Big fail. What I did though, is I adhered the sentiment piece onto a piece of Melon Mambo, and trimmed the Melon Mambo to be a quarter of an inch wider than the Whisper White piece.
- Then I adhered it to a piece of Basic Black cardstock, and trimmed that to be 1/8″ larger than the Melon Mambo piece. Clear as mud? 😉
- Trim a piece of Designer Series Paper (used DSP from It’s My Party here) to 2″ x 3.5″
- Adhere to a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock trimmed to 2.25″ x 3.75″
- Adhere that to a piece of Basic Black cardstock trimmed to 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Adhere your “Celebrate” panel in the middle of the long panel.
- Wrap the bottom of the long panel with White Bakers Twine three times.
- Adhere the panel to a piece of Melon Mambo trimmed to A2 card size (top folding) using Dimensionals.
- Adhere a piece of Whisper White cardstock trimmed to 5″ x 3.75″ to the inside (which I didn’t do until after I took the photos! Sorry!)
- Stamp the “And Ice Cream. And More Cake” sentiment to the inside using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
And you are done! Easy peasy!
You can see the shadows from the panel being raised here.
I put the card in the mail this morning, think this is the first time that I have sent a Birthday Club card off on the first day of the month! We have until the 15th, mine is usually sent the 14th or 15th lol
And I got to use my #imbringingbirthdaysback stamp again!
Have a great weekend everyone!