I hope that everyone has had a great week so far!
On Saturday it rained. And rained and rained and rained. We needed it horribly, but not quite to the extent that we received it. Unfortunately, our power went out for about 6 hours. I was out for the day and my husband was at work. I came home to a dark house, never a good sign. Went to the basement (where my stamp room is), to find water… NOT a good feeling at all, especially since your very favorite room of the house is down there. Since the power was off for so long, our sump pump wasn’t able to keep up.
Thanks to my in-laws and our fantastic neighbors, we were able to get the majority of the water cleaned up before the power came on 2 hours later. Then it was just a matter of using the shop-vac to suck up the remaining water. It was a mess, but it could have been SO much worse! Thankfully neither my husband nor I had much on the floor in either of our rooms down there (Check them out HERE).
I know that we lost the rugs, our dogs bed that I made for him, some misc boxes… not sure what else yet. A remediation company came over on Monday and checked things out, leaving us with 8 huge fans (sounds like an airplane is taking off in our basement!) and an industrial dehumidifier. They will be back today to check on the progress of things drying off. Hopefully we will know in a day or two what will need to be taken down (fingers crossed no walls…) and what is ok.
If all goes well, I am REALLY hoping that this weekend we will be able to get down there and start putting things in order.
So hopefully you can understand if I don’t post on Friday, and possibly not on Monday.
Thankfully, I had the following card in my stash to be posted soon. I figured that today was as good of a day as any!
I didn’t think that I would love this bundle as much as I do. I am not really the girly-girl type typically, and don’t usually gravitate toward florals. But after using it a few times, I know that I am going to be reaching for it often!
Ingredients listed at the end of the post
So bright and cheery!
I used one of the dies from the Detailed Floral Thinlits to cut out the flowers, then used the coordinating edgelit to giving it a pretty finished edge.
The flowers were stamped using Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach, and Watermelon Wonder, with the leaves done in Mint Macaron. I wanted to keep the flowers soft, and since these are 2 step stamps, it was simple! I stamped off onto a piece of scratch paper for the lighter color, then I stamped at full strength for the darker color. I did that on all of the pieces. Simple but effective I think!
Then it was just a matter of assembling the card. Start to finish, think this took me about 45 minutes, so not too bad!
Please me know if you have any questions. Otherwise I will see you back next week!
(Oh… and we are looking for a backup system for our sump. No more flooding allowed!)
The ribbon used is not included in the ingredients, it is retired 😦