Good morning and happy Tuesday!
How was everyone’s weekend? Mine? It was go go go all weekend long! The best part of Saturday though. I took my hubby to see Phantom of the Opera. It was SO good! I had never seen it before, though I know the soundtrack backwards and forward. I just loved it.
Now, I bought the tickets almost 2 months ago. When I bought them, they were so close to being sold out that I wasn’t even able to pick the seats. I got the tickets in the mail, row N in the balcony. No biggie! We get there, walk in, they point us to row N… Oh my. We were in literally the highest row in the theater. There were 12 seats slightly higher than ours, but that was it. Talk about nosebleed!
I took this to send to my mother-in-law right after we sat.
I had to giggle though, it was crazy! Even with our cloud skimming seats, we still had a great view of everything and enjoyed the show so very much!
The show ended up being 100% sold out, the entire run was. So I guess that I was lucky to get anything!
Dinner was at a great place across the street from the theater. Just delicious!!!!! It was a great date night!
Sunday was bowling, the first time that I have bowled since I found out that I was pregnant. I didn’t do well, at all lol But I had fun and it was nice visiting with everyone 🙂
Last night I had a bit of time to play. I have been toying with the Beautiful You set since I received it a few weeks ago, just playing, nothing serious. It is such a pretty set, so simple and elegant.
Well, last night I finally decided that it was time to get serious with it! I didn’t have a ton of time, this pregnancy makes me want to sleep by 9! But I wanted to do something simple with it to send to a friend.
I’m so happy with the way this card came out!!
- Stamp woman onto a panel of Very Vanilla
- Lightly color her dress, hat, and puddle under her with our new Watercolor pencils
- Adhere a piece of Sweet Sugarplum ribbon around the card (I used the retired glitter ribbon here, but Ruched ribbon would be pretty! Or the 3/8″ ribbon from the Succulent Garden combo pack from the Occasions catalog!!)
- Stamp sentiment under the ribbon
- Adhere to a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock
- Adhere to a piece of DSP from the Falling in Love DSP pack.
- Adhere to a piece of Very Vanilla
- Finally, adhere the whole panel to piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, trimmed and scored to form an A2 card
What do you think? I can’t wait to mail this for my friend in a few days!
Do you have any stamping plans this week? My mom is coming over tonight for dinner and to stamp a bit. I can’t wait! My neighbor stopped by last night and so kindly gave me some salmon that he caught on a fishing trip to Alaska. It is GOOD!!! So I will be baking that up tonight with some roasted potatoes and veggies I think. Yum!
Have a great day!!!