Monday night I got busy in my craft room, and spent a few hours making a card for a friend of mine. I saw this fold on Pinterest a while back and have been wanting to make my own version for a while.
It was SO simple to do!!!
- Trim card base (Soft Suede) to 5″x10″
- Score at 2 1/2″ and 5″
- Mountain fold /\ at 2 1/2″ score line, valley fold \/ at 5″ score line
- Trim a piece of Soft Suede to 4 1/2″x 4 1/2″
- Trim a piece of DSP to 4 3/8 x 4 3/8 for the front panel
- Trim a piece of DSP to 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ for the inside panel
- Trim a piece of DSP to 4 3/4″ x 2 1/4″ for the flap on the front of the card
- Trim a piece of Whisper White to 4″ x 4″ for the front panel
- Trim a piece of Whisper White to 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ for the inside panel
- Die cut various flower pieces from Vellum, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, and Mint Macaron *
You might find it easier to keep things sorted if you cut all of your outside pieces first, then cut your inside pieces. Keep all outside pieces together and the inside pieces together, separate from each other, so they don’t get mixed up and you don’t accidentally stamp on the wrong pieces (guess how I know….).
Stamp (Botanicals for You stamp set- FREE with $50 purchase!)
- Stamp Just For You sentiment onto the piece of 4″x 4″ Whisper White, to the right third of the panel using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp “…Because You’re Awesome” on the piece of 4 1/4″x 4 1/4″ in the upper third of the panel using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Adhere the small piece of DSP to the front flap of the card, centering it on the panel.
- Adhere the 4″x4″ Whisper White to the 4 3/8″ x 4 3/8″ piece of DSP. Adhere that stack to the 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ panel of Soft Suede
- Putting adhesive on the small 2.5″ panel of the card, adhere the above stack with the Just for You sentiment on top.
- For the inside panel, adhere the 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ piece of DSP to the center of the inside panel.
- Adhere the white 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ panel to the center of your DSP.
- Arrange your flowers how you would like them on your card. Adhere them together (completing one flower at a time) before you adhere them to your card. That makes it much easier to arrange. Adhere the flowers down.
- Adhere Rhinestone jewels to the center of each flower.
You are done! The finished card measures 5″ x 5″. If you don’t have an envelope to fit, it is so easy to make one using the Envelope Punch Board!
*Quick note, I didn’t have an idea of what kind of flowers I was going to make. I just die cut numerous pieces from the three colors of cardstock and the vellum I knew I wanted to use. When I had a little pile of flower pieces, I went to work arranging them and stacking them until I was happy. I did have a few pieces left over, which is how the little one ended up inside.
A few more views…
Have a great Day!!!